Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2017

World AIDS Day 2017



I get pretty emotional when I think about the early days. They were difficult. The medicines were many and they came with side-effects. Today, things are good, but they can still be better.

This World AIDS Day I am thankful for so many things, but I am especially thankful for the many doctors and researchers out there who are working to end HIV/AIDS, and mother to infant transmission all around the world. They are true rock stars in my eyes.

Hold on to hope. Educate yourself. Get tested. Get involved, and perhaps most of all BELIEVE that we will one day see the cure for AIDS.

To learn more, tune to WNYC The Takeaway (9:30am today) to listen to myself and leading pediatric expert Dr. Donna Futterman talk about recent advances made in the treatment and prevention of pediatric AIDS.

No comments: