Adoption, Family, HIV/AIDS Education


Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Getting To Zero



30 years and 30 million lives lost. I have a hard time even wrapping my head around those numbers. If you ask anyone, chances are they've lost someone to AIDS. I remember the first person I lost to AIDS like it were yesterday. For you it may be a sister, a lover, a parent, a friend--no one's immune.

We can't change the past, all we can do is move forward...We can, and ultimately will cure HIV/AIDS and prevent future generations from suffering what will one day be looked back on as the worst epidemic of all time. I refuse to give up. The world deserves a cure.

I came across this powerful video. Just a small reminder of how far we've come in the last 30 years.

2 comments:

lilacs64 said...

My heart was in my throat the entire time I was watching this video. Thank you for sharing. What a powerful reminder!

Cat said...

I watched this with tears in my eyes and then went upstairs to watch my positive son as he is taking an afternoon nap. It is so humbling to think of all the efforts across the globe that will result in him being able to someday watch his own children. Thank you for posting.