Adoption, Family, HIV/AIDS Education


Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hallelujah

It (really) was the night before Christmas...I'd just finished wrapping the last of the gifts and my office was a total wreck. I was taking a break when I heard my fifteen-year-old son playing the guitar and singing. I thought he sounded pretty good, then his big sister joined in and I couldn't believe it.

I pulled them back into my study, sat them down in front of my computer's webcam, and said sing it again. This is what transpired...a funny, touching video of my kids singing the song Hallelujah.

"Hallelujah" is a word that means rejoice, or God be praised, and that's what I feel like doing every time I look at my children and think about how far we've come since those early days before our diagnosis.

My daughter wants to be a teacher and I'm not sure if my son will grow-up to be a comedian, a singer, or a scientist, but I do know that this video always makes me laugh, always makes me smile and ALWAYS fills my heart with joy. I'll forever cherish the memory of this special night before Christmas when my two oldest sang Hallelujah, and meant it. Here's to healthy, happy kids. Here's to one day finding a cure. For this day and for tomorrow, I am so grateful... Hallelujah!





No comments: