Adoption, Family, HIV/AIDS Education


Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

RedRibbonDiaries Turns Two!

Exactly two years ago this month I signed on with Blogger.com and registered the name RedRibbonDiaries. This is where I "came out" so to speak after living with my disease in secret for twelve long years. Today, I have to admit that I enjoy being somewhat of an open book. Although, I have been keeping one, tiny, little secret from you. I can't tell you everything just yet, but I promise to share what I can! As most of you know these last couple of months have been an exciting time. I finished my novel (after months and months of hard work), signed with a wonderful agent(!) and as of World AIDS Day (How uncanny is that?) received some very positive comments along with a "request to read" the full manuscript from this well respected publisher. That's all that I can reveal right now, but trust that I look forward to sharing more good  news when I can. I want to thank you for following the journey. Your readership, support and comments over the years have meant so much. We've shared stories and laughter–even exchanged a few recipes, but what I appreciate most of all are the amazing friends and remarkable people that I've gotten to know because of this blog. Thank you for following, and please join me in wishing REDRIBBONS Happy Birthday!   

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy birthday, Red Ribbons!! So excited for what has happened and what is to come. All the best to you, Suzan!

rebekah said...

Ahhh... what a wonderful milestone for so many reasons. I for one am quite grateful for your words.

Bethany said...

Sounds wonderful! Can't wait to read it :)

Suzan Stirling writes from Kentucky. Her upcoming novel was a semi-finalist in the William Faulkner Competition. said...

How did I get such nice blogger friends? Thanks guys for your sweet words and well-wishes!!

courtneywrites said...

I can't believe you've been keeping that from me! Congrats! Fingers crossed!

Writer, AIDS Advocate, fuzzy animal lover, and soon to be debut author–represented by Jeanie Pantelakis of Sullivan Maxx Literary Agency. Visit: www.SuzanStirling.com said...

Courtney,
I can say that this particular publisher was officially "closed" for submissions over the holidays, but found Mercy's story compelling enough to bend the rules a bit.

I adore a good number of the books/authors they've brought forward–so, YES! Please keep those fingers crossed. My first request on World AIDS Day...how's that for good timing?
: )