Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's a new day. It's a new dawn. It's a New Year ... and I'm feeling good!

Waking up to 2011 with a cup of java and a pen. I have a few New Years resolutions to commit to paper, but first I'd like to take a moment to reflect on the last twelve months. 2010 was an unforgettable year; a year that brought with it many joys: 

First and foremost, my family remained healthy and well, and my connection with God strong. I accomplished what was at one time an almost impossible dream of mine and wrote my first novel, and then in August I received two offers of representation and signed with my wonderful agent. I also discovered Ipad's remarkable "sample" a book feature, and decided I didn't dislike The Kindle, after all. I read fifteen books, watched 100 episodes of Joel Osteen, and walked 400 miles on my treadmill.   

It's been a good year. Hard to imagine how just a year can change everything. It can make you better, stronger, bring you closer to, or even fulfill, your biggest dreams. That's why we set goals and make up New Years resolutions. This year–this remarkable 2011, when you set those goals to paper, don't be afraid to go for your heart's desires. Go for it! Here's a look at the goals I've set for 2011 in no particular order:

1.)  Good health
2.)  Strong Bonds/Family/God
3.)  Finish Novel #2
4.)  See The Silence of Mercy Bleu published
5.)  Dream Big
6.)  See a lighthouse, a waterfall, and the Atlantic 
7.)  Chase a rainbow
8.)  Live. Love. Laugh.

So there you have it, my resolutions for 2011. No doubt it's going to be an amazing year!  How about you? What do you hope for in 2011? 

Thanks for visiting today. I want to wish you all a happy, healthy New Year over-flowing with good fortune, love and inspiration! 


 

 


4 comments:

clay Meredith said...

2010 What a great, you and I have had one of our best years ever! Our kids are doing great, A&B's in school, everyone health is better then ever, and Oldham County Electric had the best year ever, and you and I are in a place together that most people can only wish for. WHAT A GREAT YEAR! Next....is to get your book in the stores and that will happen this year.
Can't wait to see what 2011 has to offer.
I love you more then you will ever know,
I'm so blessed

Writer, AIDS Advocate, fuzzy animal lover, and soon to be debut author–represented by Jeanie Pantelakis of Sullivan Maxx Literary Agency. Visit: www.SuzanStirling.com said...

Amen, husband. You've been a constant blessing in my life...held me up even in our darkest times when the kids and I were sick. You are my hero and I love you! Here's to 2011 and all the good things it will bring.

patwriter said...

This year, I hope to publish my YA that has NO vampires, etc. in it but is nonetheless a good book! I wish the same to you and any fellow authors.
Pat
http://bit.ly/ruralwriter

Writer, AIDS Advocate, fuzzy animal lover, and soon to be debut author–represented by Jeanie Pantelakis of Sullivan Maxx Literary Agency. Visit: www.SuzanStirling.com said...

Good luck to you, Patwriter!! I hope all your dreams come true : )