Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Valentine's Surprise

So, this Valentine's Day I'm stumped. What do you get the man who means everything to you? The man who, after almost twenty-two years and three children together, you would say "yes" to all over again?  The man who's carried you when you fell flat, made you laugh when you thought you might cry, loved you through thick and thin–the good hair days and bad? It's not as easy as it sounds. I've done the cards, the poems, the talking teddy bears and romantic dinners. But this year I want to do something special!  Something that is truly a token of my love for him and I want it to be a surprise! My husband is wonderful at surprises! He LOVES to SURPRISE me. I, on the other hand, hate being surprised, and he knows this, because I tell him, "Honey, I hate surprises!" Does that stop him? Of course not. Each Christmas, birthday and yes, Valentine's...he goes to great lengths to pull one over on me. And he knows my one weakness. I'm a "peeker" through and through. If there is a gift to be found, shook, or "accidentally" opened–I'm guilty of doing so. My husband has gotten wiley... one year he surprised me with a pair of beautiful ruby earrings taped to a rock, and wrapped in four different sized boxes–with duct tape. Another year it was Dave Mathews Band tickets hiding inside a Hershey's wrapper. And then, possibly his most ingenious, are the gifts he plants (knowing I'll find them) just to throw me off track; one year I opened a can-opener for Valentines–SURPRISE!! Good one. Me, I'm not so good at coming up with wonderful surprises, but I'm going to give it my best shot. For Valentine's Day this year, I will give him the best gift I can possibly give. I will give him my heart and my love, always. I'm pretty sure its all he's ever wanted. I hope he is surprised ; ) 
SHARE THIS POST
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

健康保寶 said...

Since it is the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.............................................