Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dream the Impossible...


Good Morning! Here's a cup of coffee-ART for all you coffee enthusiasts out there. I hope everyone is having a great week. It's been a busy but good one here. First off, the kids are back to school and the house is strangely quiet during the day. That's going to take a little getting used to! It took a little doing, after a summer of leisure, to get back in the swing of things. Turning back the bedtimes was the biggy. During the summer we're pretty lax with the sleeping schedule and free time but once school's back in, we get down to business. Video games get replaced with books and bedtimes get rolled back to a decent hour. Of course, they complain a little, but deep down I know they really like having structure.
I have great kids and I really love being their mom. It's fun watching them grow as people and develop unique interests. Yonas will be starting soccer in the Fall and Mitchell is into Tae Kwon Do. I still have to shake my head when I say that. I never imagined I'd see my son walking let alone running around a dojang. You see, Mitchell, is handicapped. When he was just seven days old, he became very sick. The first six weeks of his life were spent on a respirator. We were very fortunate that he pulled through, but he was left with a condition called Cerebral Palsy that seriously affected his ability to walk. He is proof that if you work hard enough and want something badly enough-all things are possible! My son, Mitchell, who just a few years ago was dependent on a walker and wheelchair is now a green belt in Tae Kwon Do. Believe and Dream... And even impossible things become possible.

Mitch receives his green belt after testing. He got a standing ovation that day. 

SHARE THIS POST
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Leslie said...

That's wonderful, Suzan. Miracles do happen.

Andrea H. said...

What an uplifting story. Thanks for sharing with us!

amygld said...

hi there, just stumbled upon your website and I'm very encouraged. I am the house mom of a children's home in south africa for 13 kids, and we are seeing the miracles every day as well! Grace grace as you continue writing about your journey.