Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

GRADUATION!

            Mitch, me, Alee, Ma-maw and Yonas.  Alee and Dad
It's official...(drum roll, please), Alee is a graduate! I'm exceedingly proud of her and all her accomplishments. I'm also a little proud of me... I managed to get through the whole ceremony without doing the "ugly cry." I admit I was a little worried. For those of you who've never been privy to the ugly cry... Let's just say, it's NOT pretty!  I sob, slurp, snuff and hiccup, and then, these red blotches appear all over my face that bear a shocking resemblance to a bad case of measles.  I have a friend named Judy, who is the cutest cryer ever. She can simutaneously shed a tear, set out a party tray and carry on intelligent conversation, all without breaking stride! Me? Not so lucky. In fact, my friends have yet to see me cry. I'm afraid they'd call 911 if they did! Here's some pics of Alee in her cap and gown and me, the proud mom who somehow kept it together on her big day.  : ) 

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow--congratulations!! You all look great!

Bethany said...

Congratulations Alee! Your mom is too funny. Enjoy the parties and the summer - those are the days for sure...

Suzan said...

Thanks Leslie and Bethany!