Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

WHY I LOVE MOTHER'S DAY...

My family always makes me feel special, but on Mother's Day they are especially attentive and I have to admit that I loved every minute of it. This morning I was greeted with big hugs and a bag filled with some really good smelling lotions and such from Bath and Body Works. I love this stuff, but am too cheap to buy it for myself. The Jasmine Vanilla is my favorite. I smell heavenly! 
But it doesn't end there! After breakfast, the boys got busy! Clay planted me a rose garden. They are without a doubt the prettiest roses I've ever seen. 

He also planted tomatoes, blueberries and a strawberry patch. 
 While Clay was digging in the dirt, my boys grabbed their tools and fixed my broken fence. Afterwards, we went to visit my mom, who is almost eighty, to wish her a Happy Mother's Day. Although the sacrifices a mother makes are many, if you're a mom, you already know that there is no greater reward in this life. Being my children's mom is the most important thing I'll ever do.    

As this day winds down, I find myself hanging on–not wanting it to end. The kids and Clay put a lot of thought into Mother's Day, and the gifts that they gave me, but the truth is– I already have the greatest gift a mom could have... It's them. 
A Mother's Love
"Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly." 
Sarah Malin 


No comments: