Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

YONAS IS OFFICIALLY SEVEN!


  WE BAKED A CHOCOLATE CAKE! Okay...really, I just read the directions and the kids made one fabulous cake!
When Yonas first came home a little over two years ago, there was a little confusion about his birthdate. On his Ethiopian birth certificate, instead of month-day-year, it was day-month-year. It took us awhile to figure out our mistake.  He ended up having two birthdays that year.  He didn't seem to mind, though! Today, he is officially seven. We had a great birthday celebration and I'm pretty certain we even got the day right!    


3 comments:

SupermomE11 said...

He looks SO grown up!! Oh, I just love him. Give him a big birthday hug from me and Belane!! :)

love,
E

Leslie said...

Happy belated birthday!!

Brianna Heldt said...

Hi Suzan, I haven't commented before but my husband and I actually met Yonas at the AHOPE orphanage back in February 2006! He was just precious and at one point all the kids were singing for us, and Yonas was so enthusiastic.

Then at some point I saw the GMA segment and was so excited to see him!

Your family is truly an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story!